Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mathilda Savitch





This is the second debut books I've read in the last few months.  The first being The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (nonfiction 2010).  Victor Lodato's debut novel Mathilda Savitch was a 2009 release and I'm a bit behind.  I must admit some readers may not like Mathilda, she is rather bratty but there's a sad reason for it, and when one is only 13/14 well we've all been a handful at that age.  I personally liked her. I thought she was a fierce and funny character with a loving heart under her bad behaviour.

If you've ever been 13/14, if you ever pushed your parents boundaries, if you ever had an older sister, had one truly madly deeply close friend, you have to read this book. I read it in a little over a week, not just on the bus but read it during my lunch hour too.

No comments:

Post a Comment